Reception Places September 2020.
We still have places available for Reception intake September 2020. Please contact the school office and someone will get back to you.
Upton Meadows Primary is a school for girls and boys aged 5-11 and is part of Northamptonshire Academy Trust. We are a two-form entry school with a published admission number (PAN) of 60. Should this number be exceeded we will apply the following set of criteria in the order stated. Our admissions policies can be downloaded from the side panel.
Over subscription admissions criteria
- Children in public care
- Children with specific social or medical needs, supported by written evidence from an appropriate professional person.
- Children who live in the linked area.
- Pupils with an older brother or sister at the school.
- Other pupils.
Primary School applications for September 2021
School applications, including ‘in year’ applications, are managed by Northamptonshire County Council, not the school.
If your child’s 4th birthday is between 1st September 2020 and 31st August 2021 (meaning they will start school in September 2021), you can make an application for a primary school place from September 2020. The closing date for applications is 15th January 2021 at 5pm.
Parents who live within Northamptonshire are being encouraged to apply online. The system is available through a link from September 2020 at:
The ‘Applying for a Primary School Place in Northamptonshire’ booklet will also be available in PDF format on this website. Paper copies can be obtained by request from:
Northamptonshire County Council
PO Box 216
8-10 The Lakes
Reference copies will also be available within all schools and libraries across Northamptonshire.
The booklets will contain information about:
- How to apply online
- A list of primary schools by local area
- How to complete a preference form
- The published admission number for each school
- Each school’s oversubscription criteria
- Key dates for the application and allocation process
- Information relating to children with special educational needs
- Home-to-school transport information
- Where to access further information
- Details regarding late applications
- Contact details for the NCC Admissions Team
We are offering a variety of opportunities to find out more about our wonderful school. A virtual tour is available on our website under ‘About Us’ or if you would like to book a Zoom Meeting or a School Tour (adults only) please phone the school office on 01604 683850 or for any more information you require.